Ms. Cornelius is committed to protecting consumers from unfair and deceptive corporate practices, and has assisted in obtaining recoveries for homeowners, investors and protestors.
Click for more information:
- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Practice focuses on class actions involving consumer-related claims, predatory lending practices, and claims on behalf of people harmed by pollution from neighboring power plants.
- Prior to becoming an attorney, Dawn worked as a senior paralegal at Hagens Berman for 20 years, managing cases and developing extensive civil procedure experience in jurisdictions across the United States.
- Ms. Cornelius also worked in the legal department of Mercedes Benz U.S. International, Inc. in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and for the firm of Oven, Gwynn & Strickland in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Expedia Litigation, assisted in recovering $134 million settlement for consumers
- Little et al. v. Louisville Gas & Electric Co.: Part of team representing residents living next to a coal-fired power plant emitting coal ash and dust containing toxic metals in violation of state regulations and federal law
- In re Bank of America Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) Contract Litigation: Part of team representing homeowners to whom the defendant allegedly promised mortgage modifications as part of a federal program
- In re Checking Account Overdraft Litigation: Part of team representing banking customers whose accounts were allegedly charged repeated overdraft fees based on the way the banks manipulated transactions
- WTO Wrongful Arrest Litigation: assisted in recovering $1 million and non-monetary relief for protestors
Dawn is a native Washingtonian, an avid hiker and music buff. For years, she covered the Washington Huskies football team for a local publication and remains a passionate football fan. Dawn also spends many summer vacations on the family farm, driving tractor.