Jessica began her legal career at an AMLaw 100 firm representing Fortune-ranked corporations in antitrust, intellectual property and financial services industries. Though grateful for the intense training that those matters provided, Jessica is proud to now be working for the good guys.
Click for more information:
- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Practice focuses on complex consumer protection cases, primarily within the realms of automotive and emissions litigation
- Ms. Thompson is currently involved in many of the firm’s high-profile auto cases, including litigation against General Motors for faulty ignition switches that are linked to more than 120 fatalities, and emissions-cheating cases brought against Mercedes, Fiat Chrysler and GM. She worked on the Volkswagen CleanDiesel emissions lawsuits brought on behalf of consumers and of franchise dealers.
- Conducting internal investigations on behalf of financial services company into compliance with business conduct rules such as trade allocation and trade errors
- Defending mobile merchandiser against consumer class actions filed throughout the country alleging unauthorized charges to cell phone customers
- Representing health insurance providers in a multidistrict antitrust suit consolidated in the Northern District of Alabama
- Represented chemical manufacturer in trade secret and contract case against competitor. Won temporary restraining order in Michigan state court.
- Defended international hospitality company in contract suit challenging its national sales program
- Crowell & Moring LLP, Washington, D.C., Associate, 2011 - 2014
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, Washington, D.C., Associate, 2011
- Howrey LLP, Washington, D.C., Litigation Associate, 2010 - 2011
- Howrey LLP, Washington, D.C., Summer Associate, 2009
- Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office, Rockville, MD, Student Attorney, 2010
- Webinar: "Garden Leaves and Other Strategies to Protect Trade Secrets When Losing Employees," Crowell & Moring, March 28, 2013 - Present
- Workshop: "Don't Sign that Yet!," Crowell & Moring, Washington, D.C., March 5, 2013 - Present
- "The ITC Can Play a Critical Role in Combating International Trade Secret Theft," Intellectual Property Today, Jan. 20, 2012
Client Alerts & Newsletters:
- "Consensus Grows as Congress Continues to Refine Its Efforts to Create a Federal Civil Cause of Action For Certain Trade Secret Theft," Regulatory Alert (May 12, 2014)
- "Federal Trade Secret Reform Continues With Two New Attempts to Improve Protection," Regulatory Alert (July 22, 2013)
- "Supreme Court Rejects Attempt by Class Action Plaintiff to Plead Around Federal Court Jurisdiction," (Mar. 22, 2013)
Jessica comes from a working-class Baltimore family. Though she has dutifully relearned the pronunciation of words like water (not "wooder") and wash (not "warsh"), she continues to inquire about "dem O's" and refuses to participate in the singing of "Shout" at the seventh-inning stretch. It’s an abomination.