- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Practice focuses on nationwide class-action litigation against pharmaceutical companies that violate antitrust, consumer protection and anti-fraud laws.
- Responsible for managing a team of lawyers across several law firms in In re Lantus Antitrust Litigation, No. 16-cv-16252 (D. Mass), a case challenging an anticompetitive scheme by drugmaker Sanofi-Aventis designed to prevent competition and keep insulin prices unaffordable.
- Litigating a case against generic drugmaker Ranbaxy (now Sun Pharmaceuticals) challenging a decade-long campaign of deceit regarding its ability to manufacture safe, effective drugs and follow the manufacturing regulations enforced by the FDA. Ms. LaSalle is responsible for developing the evidence of the fraud, and developing and successfully arguing a novel legal theory to meet the defendants’ wrongdoing.
- Ms. LaSalle is regularly called upon to handle consequential briefing in cases involving especially complex or convoluted regulatory regimes at both the trial and appellate court levels.
- After law school, Ms. LaSalle served for two years as a law clerk in the Staff Attorney’s Office for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, where she handled motions practice and appeals of complex class-action litigation.
- Order of the Barristers
- Scholarly Journal Writing Award
- Author, “The Other 99% of the Expressive Conduct Doctrine: the Occupy Wall Street Movement and the Importance of Recognizing the Contribution of Conduct to Speech,” 18 Tex. J. on Civ. Rights & Civ. Liberties 1 (2013)
- Author, “A Prescription for Change: Citizens United’s Implications for Regulation of Off-Label Promotion of Prescription Pharmaceuticals,” 19 J.L. Pol’y 867 (2011)
- Kristie LaSalle & Kristen Johnson, The Misapplication of the Presumption of Patent Validity, 33 Antitrust Health Care Chronicle 11 (2018)
- Lauren G. Barnes & Kristie A. LaSalle, Private Antitrust Claims Explained, presented at Am. Ass’n for Justice Annual Convention, Boston, July 27, 2017
Kristie is the unexpected combination of a performing improviser, competitive weightlifter, and Ravenclaw.