Advocating for investors in securities fraud, and corporate governance cases.
- Of Counsel, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Kristen joined the firm’s securities practice group to advocate for investors’ rights to financial security through transparent corporate disclosures, which is the foundation of the integrity of our financial markets.
- Kristen is also a California Certified Public Accountant, which allows her to meticulously evaluate the truthfulness of financial disclosures.
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Kristen litigated matters throughout the state of California in both state and federal court. Kristen’s legal practice has included investor securities fraud litigation with another preeminent plaintiffs’ side law firm, and substantial mediation experience.
- Kristen graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a Bachelor of Arts in business economics. She earned her law degree and her LL.M. in taxation law, cum laude, from the University of San Diego School of Law. She then worked as a tax litigation attorney and representing unionized industry Taft-Hartly trust funds at a boutique law firm as an ERISA litigation attorney and adviser.
- Before attending law school, Kristen worked for a Big 8 (now 4) accounting firm.
Kristen enjoys sailing both as a crew member in sail boat races and leisurely cruising. She also enjoys hiking, kayaking, skiing and biking.