Ms. Hayes is involved in class-action lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies and is committed to the vigorous prosecution of antitrust cases.
- Of Counsel, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- In re Intuniv Antitrust
- In re Effexor Antitrust
- In re Loestrin 24 Fe Antitrust Litigation
- In re Celebrex (Celecoxib) Antitrust Litigation
- Member of the team responsible for $94 million settlement on behalf of direct purchaser class in In re Celebrex (Celecoxib) Antitrust Litigation, 2:13-cv-361, E.D. Va., ECF Nos. 64, 455, and the $120 million settlement (motion for preliminary approval pending) in In re Loestrin 24 Fe Antitrust Litigation, 1:13-md-02472, D.R.I., ECF Nos. 10, 1050.
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Laura was an associate at Gargiulo Rudnick LLP, where she litigated Medicaid and Medicare fraud cases. She also has years of work experience doing contract work on a variety of complex litigations.
- Following law school, Laura was a clerk for the Connecticut Judicial Branch. In that role, she addressed novel pre-emption and spoliation of evidence questions.
- She is a graduate of Boston University School of Law, where she acted as articles editor for the Journal of Science and Technology Law.
- She received her Bachelor of Science degree from Boston University with a concentration in journalism.
Laura spends her free time in fall and winter managing and training sprint sled dogs and getting them and her husband to races in the Northeast, Quebec and sometimes Europe. She runs the B team in four-dog sled classes. Laura also serves on the board of the United States Federation of Sled Dog Sports.