- Of Counsel, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Whitney served as co-lead counsel and represented the city of Providence, Rhode Island and a putative class of indirect purchasers in an antitrust class action against Celgene Corp. for unlawfully excluding generic competition for vital cancer treatment drugs. The matter was In re Thalomid & Revlimid Antitrust Litig., 14-cv-6997 (D.N.J.), and resulted in a $34 million settlement on behalf of the class.
- Ms. Street was appointed co-lead counsel on behalf of a class of indirect purchasers in In re Domestic Drywall Antitrust Litig., 13-md-02437 (E.D. Pa.), which involved allegations of price-ﬁxing and other forms of concerted conduct in violation of antitrust laws, resulting in a $17 million settlement on behalf of the class.
- She was also appointed to the plaintiffs’ steering committee in In re Liquid Aluminum Sulfate Antitrust Litig., 16-md-02687 (D.N.J.) alleging bid-rigging, market allocation and price-fixing in the aluminum sulfate market. Settlements totaled at least $111 million in that matter.
- She also served on the steering committee in In re Packaged Seafood Antitrust Litig., 15-md-02670 (S.D. Cal.), an ongoing case alleging price-fixing in the market for shelf-stable seafood products.
- Whitney served as a member of the litigation team representing direct purchasers in In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litig., 16-cv-08637 (N.D. Ill.), a class action alleging broiler chicken producers engaged in a price-fixing conspiracy, and in In re Pork Antitrust Litig., 18-cv-01776 (D. Minn.), a class action alleging that pork producers engaged in a price-fixing conspiracy. To date, approximately $200 million has been obtained on behalf of direct purchasers in the Broilers matter, and $107.5 million has been obtained on behalf of direct purchasers in the Pork matter. Both cases are ongoing against remaining defendants.
- Whitney served as a member of the litigation teams in the following antitrust class actions: Air Cargo Shipping Services Antitrust Litigation, 06-md- 1775 (E.D.N.Y.) (settlements totaling more than $270 million); In re Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) Antitrust Litigation, 3:03-md-1542 (D. Conn.) (partial settlements totaling $87 million); In re Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) Antitrust Litigation, 06-md-01768 (E.D. Pa.) (settled for $15.0 million); and In re Hydrogen Peroxide Antitrust Litigation, 05-civ-666 (E.D. Pa.) (partial settlements of more than $4.0 million).
- Whitney received her training at prominent litigation firms in New York and Boston where she represented clients in antitrust and securities class actions. She began her career at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, one of the largest law firms in California.
- Contributor, Complex Litigation E-Discovery Forum, 2016 - 2021
- Member, American Bar Association, 2016 - 2019
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, Law360 Competition Law, 2014 - 2018
- Co-Founder and former co-chair, American Association for Justice Antitrust Litigation Group, 2014 - 2016
- Co-Author, “What Lies Ahead in High Stakes Pay-For-Delay Antitrust Litigation,” American Association of Justice Business Torts Newsletter, May 2015
- Author, “Technology Assisted Review: The Disclosure of Training Sets and Related Transparency Issues,” Georgetown Law Advanced eDiscovery Institute, November 2014
- Co-Author, “Decision Re-Affirms Critical Role of Shareholders,” Benefits and Pensions Monitor, October 2014
- Speaker, “The New Normal: Producing and Obtaining Phone Record Data,” Complex Litigation e-Discovery Forum, November 2020
- Panelist, “Big Data & Storylines,” Complex Litigation E-Discovery Forum, September 2016
- Moderator, “Introduction to the Use of Regression Analysis in Antitrust Class Action Litigation,” American Association for Justice Webinar, August 2016
- Panelist, Georgetown Law Advanced eDiscovery Institute, November 2014
- Panelist, American Association for Justice Class Certification Seminar, 2013
Whitney – a novice marathoner, ambivalent Tottenham fan and avid seeker of book recommendations – joined Hagens Berman in November 2021. Originally from the Lowcountry, she now calls California home and can often be found on the trails of Mount Diablo.