Click for more information:
- Partner, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Focuses primarily on national and state class actions and environmental litigation
- Currently part of the firm’s legal team representing 2014-16 BMW i3 REx owners in a class action regarding a defect in the range extender that causes the cars to suddenly reduce speed and power without warning when transitioning from pure battery mode to the range extender.
- Represents consumers in a nationwide class action against Dometic Corporation seeking compensation for RV and boat owners who experienced extensive loss of property due to fires and explosions caused by defective refrigerators sold by Dometic.
- Extensively involved in several lawsuits against McKesson Corporation relating to allegations that the company engaged in a scheme that raised the prices of more than 400 brand-name prescription drugs. That litigation has resulted in two separate national class-action settlements for $350 million and $82 million. In related litigation, Ms. Mahoney represented the commonwealth of Virginia, and the states of Connecticut, Arizona, Oregon, Utah and Montana in their individual cases against McKesson.
- Extensively involved in In re: Generic Pharmaceuticals Pricing Antitrust Litigation on behalf of putative class of direct purchasers in multidistrict litigation alleging that generic drug manufacturers engaged in price fixing.
- Represents Kentucky homeowners in a putative class action against Louisville Gas & Electricity to recover the cost of removing coal ash and dust from their homes.
- Previously, she was involved in pioneering litigation against oil and energy companies on behalf of the village and tribe of Kivalina (Alaska) to recover the cost of extensive damage to the village caused by global warming.
- Worked in several areas of commercial litigation, including unlawful competition, antitrust, securities, trademark, CERCLA, RICO, FLSA as well as federal aviation and maritime law
- Associate, Calfo Harrigan Leyh & Eakes LLP (formerly Danielson Harrigan Leyh & Tollefson)
- Law Clerk, Justice Sanders, Washington Supreme Court
- Law Clerk, Judge Saundra Brown Armstrong, U.S. District Court, N.D. California
- Downtown Neighborhood Legal Clinic
- Q Law
- Cooperating Attorney with American Civil Liberties Union of Washington
- Rising Star, Washington Law & Politics, 2005
- New England Carpenters v. First DataBank ($350 million class-action settlement)
- Douglas County v. McKesson ($82 million class-action settlement)
- Fluent in German
- Reads Swedish and French
Ms. Mahoney lives in West Seattle with her partner and is very active in local athletic organizations. She is a former board member of Rain City Soccer, where she also organized a summer-long program on basic skills. She is also active in Seattle Frontrunners, a masters track club. She enjoys reading, running, soccer and studying foreign languages.