- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Rachel’s practice focuses on pharmaceutical antitrust class-action litigation.
- She is a core member of the team litigating In re Zetia (Ezetimibe) Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2836 (E.D. Va.), a federal antitrust lawsuit against Merck and Glenmark alleging the two unlawfully agreed to delay access to generic ezetimibe for years, resulting in billions in overcharges to purchasers.
- Ms. Downey has also been instrumental in preparing settlement-related filings for and administering large class-action settlements. Most recently, she was part of the team securing a $483.85M settlement on behalf of the direct purchaser class in In re Glumetza Antitrust Litigation, the largest U.S. antitrust settlement in 2022.
- In re Zetia (Ezetimibe) Antitrust Litigation
- Staley v. Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Gilead)
- Government Employees Health Association v. Actelion Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (Tracleer)
- In re Glumetza Antitrust Litigation
- Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association (VLP)
- Member, American Association for Justice
For a month during her college years, Rachel lived in the Amazon.