- Partner, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litig., No. 16-CV-08637 (N.D. Ill.) (part of team at Hagens Berman for indirect purchaser class; recovery to date of $106 million)
- In re Pork Antitrust Litig., No. 18-CV-01776 (D. Minn.) (part of team at Hagens Berman serving as co-lead counsel for indirect purchaser class; recovery to date of $20 million)
- Qualcomm Antitrust Litigation., No. 5:17-md-02773 (N.D. Cal.) (part of team at Hagens Berman acting as counsel for indirect purchaser class that resulted in certified class of hundreds of millions of consumers)
- In re Optical Disk Drive Antitrust Litig., No. 10-md-02143 (N.D. Cal.) (team at Hagens Berman acting as lead counsel for indirect purchaser class; recovery of $205 million)
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Mr. Pierce worked as an associate for two years at Munger, Tolles & Olson, where he gained significant experience in class action and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Pierce also did extensive pro bono work on immigration matters.
- Law Clerk, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Judge Jerome Farris, 2013 – 2014
- Associate, Munger Tolles & Olson, 2014 - 2016,
- Serves on the executive committee of the Antitrust Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- American Association for Justice
- 2021 Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in California, The National Trial Lawyers
- Chayes Fellow, National Prosecuting Authority in Cape Town, South Africa
- Teaching Fellow, Copyright EdX
- “A Heavy Hand or A Light Touch: What Force Will California’s Anti-SLAPP Statute Have After Baral v. Schnitt?” California Litigation Review, 2015
A proud California native, Rio loves exploring the whole state, especially Big Sur. Prior to law school, Rio worked at Miramax for several years and still loves a good indie film. In his free time, Rio enjoys making pies.