- Partner, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Practice primarily focuses on class actions concerning unfair pricing of pharmaceutical drugs. Recent cases include actions against AstraZeneca and Merck.
- 2019 Honoree for Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice, American Antitrust Institute
- Involved in the firm’s antitrust class-action lawsuit against the NCAA accusing the sports-governing body of engaging in anti-competitive practices in regards to its scholarships or Grants in Aid (GIAs) program.In March of 2017, U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken approved a sweeping $209 million settlement for student-athletes, and in March of 2019, a trial on the injunctive aspect of the case resulted in a change of NCAA rules limiting the financial treatment of athletes.
- Helped obtain a substantial settlement for the state of New York and New York City in their litigation against Merck for losses suffered from deceptive marketing of the prescription drug Vioxx
- Instrumental in obtaining a settlement for a class of Massachusetts consumers and third-party payors in their litigation against AstraZeneca, in which the class claimed that AstraZeneca deceptively marketed the prescription drug Nexium as superior to Prilosec
- Deeply involved in the firm’s lawsuits on behalf of thalidomide victims, who suffered severe personal injuries when their mothers ingested thalidomide during their pregnancies in the late 1950s and early 1960s, without knowing that thalidomide had not been approved by the FDA