- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Jake worked on personal injury matters at Robinson Calcagnie Inc. where he represented plaintiffs in numerous catastrophic injury cases and managed all aspects of the case from client onboarding to settlement. Jake conducted and defended depositions in personal injury cases and mass torts and planned and implemented a strategy to retain stronger personal injury cases for the firm. He also drafted complaints, discovery motions, pre-trial motions and assisted in trial preparation.
- Previously, he worked as a law clerk for the Los Angeles District Attorney, Victim Impact and Juvenile Unit where he conducted juvenile adjudication hearings, including direct and cross examination, presenting evidence, and arguing motions to dismiss and suppress. He also conducted felony preliminary hearings, including direct and cross examination, and presenting evidence.
- Jake was also a summer associate at prominent plaintiffs firms where he drafted arguments for opposition to motion for summary judgment in a consumer auto-defect class-action case, reviewed exhibits and organized deposition questions to depose opposing counsel’s defense experts and composed jury instructions in an auto-defect class-action case and product defect class-action case. Jake also has experience writing research memoranda on topics such as appeals bonds, class certification and summary judgment.
- Published OCTLA Magazine, Volunteer Outreach in Communities Everywhere, Most Valuable Worker Award (2008),
Jake Berman was born and raised in the Seattle area. He has a passion for coaching sports and being active in the outdoors. Jake is constantly competing in new sports, exploring a new trail run or backcountry ski route.