- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Ms. Verdoia’s practice at the firm’s Seattle office focuses primarily on sports litigation, where she applies her deep knowledge of sports governance, policies and protocols to bolster the firm’s expansive work in this area of law.
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Ms. Verdoia interned at Seattle’s Legal Voice, where she researched legal issues regarding gender equality by analyzing the interplay between constitutional principles, recently enacted state statutes and prevailing precedent.
- Ms. Verdoia also interned with the legal department at Seattle Sounders FC, where she provided legal research and solutions responding to the evolving developments of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Her additional experience in professional sports lends itself to the firm’s sports litigation practice area. Ms. Verdoia has years of experience in the realm of professional soccer as a midfielder in Norway’s Toppserien top division soccer and with the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) both for the Boston Breakers and most recently the OL Reign (formerly known as Seattle Reign FC).
- During her time in these roles, she trained with the top NWSL team to enhance squad development with the Reign; led Norway’s Vålerenga Fotbal Damer to the national championship game; and was one of only 36 women nationally drafted into the professional female league when she began her professional sports career in 2015 with the Boston Breakers.
- Ms. Verdoia has also served as a league representative, helping to take a leadership role in the sport by conducting conversation with key league figures to further players’ interests and advance gender equity in sport. She also implemented working standards to create a safer environment and established a framework for a future players association.
As a lifelong soccer player, Stephanie spends her free time coaching youth soccer teams at the OL Reign Academy. She also enjoys camping anywhere in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, Shane, and her dog, Stevie.