- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Ms. Beardsley has experience prosecuting wrongful death, medical malpractice, negligence, negligence per se, intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress, unjust enrichment, fraud, consumer protection, data breach and bad faith insurance cases.
- Member of the trial team representing the families of three patients who died after receiving dialysis at DaVita clinics. The case culminated with a $383.5 million jury verdict.
- Ms. Beardsley has also aided in prosecuting data breach cases litigated by the firm in Arizona.
- In June 2018, Ms. Beardsley was on the trial team where a Denver jury awarded a monumental $383.5 million jury verdict against GranuFlo dialysis provider, DaVita Inc. culminating lawsuits brought by families of three patients who suffered cardiac arrests and died after receiving dialysis treatments at DaVita clinics. Each of the three parties was awarded $125 million in punitive damages from the jury, with compensatory damages ranging from $1.5 million to $5 million.
Prior to beginning her litigation career at Hagens Berman, Ms. Beardsley specialized in land use and development with other firms in the Phoenix area, working closely with the local municipalities and politicians to gain approval on proposed developments and ensure developments compliance with city code and zoning ordinance.
- Chair and member, Herberger Young Leadership Board
In her free time, Tory is usually outside and on the move. A native Phoenician, Tory enjoys exploring all that Arizona has to offer with her dog, Bruce, whether it be via off-roading, hiking, swimming or trail running.