- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Ms. Siehl’s Plaintiffs’ litigation practice focuses on complex class-action and individual cases in the areas of sexual abuse, sexual harassment, and sports law
- Represents an actress and entertainment industry class against The Weinstein Company, Harvey Weinstein and related companies for racketeering and sexual assault
- Represents students and alumnae of the University of Southern California in a class-action lawsuit against the university and Dr. George Tyndall for his alleged decades-long sexual abuse of patients
- Ms. Siehl played a significant role in a $4 million settlement for a child who suffered severe and permanent brain damage due to the medical providers’ delay in recognizing a placental abruption.
- Assisted in a $3.5 million settlement for a child with a hypoxic-ischemic brain injury that resulted from too much Pitocin and a physician's failure to recognize fetal distress.
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Ms. Siehl was an associate in the Chicago office of a well-respected Plaintiffs’ firm representing families and children in birth injury and birth trauma litigation nationwide.
- She worked previously at another Chicago firm where she gained experience in all aspects of civil litigation with a focus on medical malpractice and professional liability matters.
- In 2017, Ms. Siehl received an Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service from the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association for her dedication to representing underserved individuals in employment discrimination matters.
- Professional Board Member, PAWS Chicago – the Midwest’s largest no-kill animal shelter, 2015-2020
- TEAM PAWS Marathon Team 2015-present
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois
- Officer Positions:
- Financial Secretary - 2020-2021
- Recording Secretary - 2019-2020
- Board of Directors - 2017 - Present
- Officer Positions:
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- ITLA Women’s Caucus, Member
- 2020, 2021 Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine for Class Actions
- 2019 Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine for Plaintiffs’ Personal Injury
- 2017 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service from the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- 2013 Member of National Champion Team for Sutherland Cup National Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition
- CALI Award for Highest Grade in Legislation Clinic, Dispute Systems Design, and Comparative Legal Professions
- Named a Public Service Fellow with Dean’s Special Recognition
- #Us Too: Gender Inequality in the Legal Profession, American Association for Justice, Birth Trauma Litigation Group Newsletter, Lead Article, February 2018.
Whitney is an avid golfer and chairs the annual golf outing for the Women’s Bar Association of Illinois. At Northwestern, she was a member of the women’s golf team. She was previously a member of the Miami University cross country and track teams, where the cross country team was selected as NCAA Academic All-Americans. As a four-sport athlete, Whitney was recently inducted into the Port Clinton High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
She enjoys epic feats of endurance, and was selected to the 2021 Chicago Athlete Magazine Ambassador Team to help inspire busy professionals to live healthier and balanced lives through endurance sports. She also serves as a pace group leader for Chicago Marathon training. To date, she has completed 11 marathons, a half Iron distance triathlon, and numerous short course triathlons including the 2019 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon in San Francisco.