- Partner & Management Committee Member, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Practice focuses on multi-state and nationwide class actions and complex commercial litigation encompassing securities and finance, consumer, antitrust, insurance and products
- Diverse experience in most of the firm’s practice areas, involving appearances in state and federal courts across the country at both the trial and appellate levels
- Key member of the firm’s automobile defect litigation team
- Key member of the firm’s securities litigation team, co-leading the prosecution and settlement of the In re Charles Schwab Securities Litigation, the In re Oppenheimer Champion Income Fund Securities Class Actions and the Oppenheimer Core Bond Fund Class Action Litigation
- Key member of the firm’s pharmaceutical litigation team that confronts unfair and deceptive pricing and marketing practices in the drug and dietary supplement industries including Average Wholesale Price Litigation, the First Databank/McKesson Pricing Fraud Litigation and the Enzyte Litigation
- In 2014, Public Justice nominated Mr. Matt and the In re Toyota Motor Corp. Sudden, Unintended Acceleration team for the Trial Lawyer of the Year Award for their work in securing a $1.6 billion settlement for car owners.
- In 2020, Lawdragon named Mr. Matt one of 500 Leading Lawyers in America, Plaintiff Financial Lawyers.
- In re Charles Schwab Securities Litigation ($235 million settlement)
- In re Oppenheimer Champion Income Fund Securities Fraud Class Actions ($52.5 million proposed settlement)
- Oppenheimer Core Bond Fund Class Action Litigation ($47.5 million settlement)
- Morrison Knudsen and Costco Wholesale Corp. Securities Litigation
- In re Pharmaceutical Industry Average Wholesale Price Litigation ($338 million settlement)
- In re Toyota Motor Corp. Unintended Acceleration Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation
- In re Checking Account Overdraft cases pending against many of the country’s largest banks
- Washington State Ferry Litigation, which resulted in one of the most favorable settlements in class litigation in the history of the state of Washington
- Microsoft Consumer Antitrust cases
- State Attorneys General Tobacco Litigation, assisted with client liaison responsibilities, working closely with assistant attorneys general in Oregon, Ohio, Arizona, Alaska and New York, as well as assisting in all litigation matters
- "Providing a Model Responsive to the Needs of Small Businesses at Formation: A Focus on Ex Ante Flexibility and Predictability," 71 Oregon Law Review 631, 1992
Sean, whose four-man team won cycling’s prestigious Race Across America with a time of six days and three hours, still occasionally rides a bike.