Public Justice nominated Ms. Johnson and the rest of the Neurontin trial team for Trial Lawyer of the Year for securing a $142 million verdict against Pfizer for suppressing and manipulating results of scientific studies.
Click for more information:
- Partner, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Practice focuses combating waste, fraud, and abuse in the healthcare industry.
- Personally appointed alternate lead counsel in the In re New England Compounding Pharmacy Litigation Multidistrict Litigation (MDL 2419). During the nascent stages of the MDL, Ms. Johnson was appointed liaison counsel to speak for the hundreds of victims who contracted fungal meningitis or suffered other serious health problems as a result of receiving contaminated products produced by NECC.
- Actively involved in In re Nexium Antitrust Litigation (D. Mass., MDL No. 2409); In re Loestrin Antitrust Litigation (D.R.I., MDL No. 2472); and In re Celebrex Antitrust Litigation, (E.D. Va. 14-cv-00361).
- Lead counsel for plaintiffs who contracted fungal infections from contaminated steroids compounded by New England Compounding Center ($200+ million settlement)
- One of four attorneys who presented and cross examined witnesses for the plaintiffs during the 2014 Nexium Antitrust trial
- $142 million civil RICO verdict against Pfizer for suppressing and manipulating results of scientific studies
- Instrumental in the recent Neurontin marketing ($350 million), Prograf antitrust ($98 million), Flonase antitrust ($150 million) and Wellbutrin XL antitrust ($37.5 million, partial) settlements
- Public Justice, Class Action Preservation Committee
- American Association for Justice
- In 2014 and 2015, the National Law Journal honored Ms. Johnson as one of Boston’s Rising Stars, one of 40 outstanding lawyers under 40.
- In 2011, Public Justice nominated Ms. Johnson and the rest of the Neurontin trial team for Trial Lawyer of the Year for their work in securing a $142 million verdict against Pfizer for suppressing and manipulating the results of scientific studies that showed Neurontin did not work to treat the off-label indications Pfizer was heavily promoting.
- Neurontin class action marketing settlement ($325 million)
- In re Prograf Antitrust Litigation ($98 million)
- Pfizer Neurontin RICO Litigation ($142 million jury verdict)
- In re Flonase Antitrust Litigation ($150 million settlement
- In re Nexium Antitrust Litigation (trial October 2014)
- In re Prograf Antitrust Litigation (trial fall 2014)
Ms. Johnson grew up in a family law practice (they literally turned a closet into a playroom) in Canfield, Ohio. Her grandfather, uncle, father, brother and sister are all lawyers, all practice together, and her mother runs the law office. Ms. Johnson’s career choice was perhaps inevitable, though her departure for Boston makes her a bit of a black sheep.