- Partner, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Practice focuses on antitrust and other fraud and RICO cases, including Generic Pharmaceuticals Pricing Antitrust, Dodge RAM 2500 and 3500 Emissions, and Ford/GM/FCA CP4 Injection Pump Defect.
- Extensive experience in handling complex multidistrict cases.
- Mr. Patterson brings to the firm extensive trial experience and a history of prosecuting complex fraud cases, including tax fraud, bank fraud, wire fraud, money laundering and prescription fraud.
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Mr. Patterson served as an Assistant United States Attorney at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Seattle, WA.
- Prosecuted complex fraud cases, including tax fraud, bank fraud, wire fraud, money laundering, and prescription fraud
- Served as Project Safe Childhood Coordinator; led efforts to investigate and prosecute child pornography and child exploitation cases
- Led prosecution of large-scale drug trafficking organizations, including cartels and street gangs, to interdict drug smuggling and investigate money laundering
- Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice Washington, D.C., Tax Division, Northern Criminal Enforcement Section
- Co-chaired prosecution of two defendants, in separate trials, for scheme to defraud the Cleveland Catholic Diocese
- Special Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office for D.C. Nov. 2006 - May 2007
- Prosecuted 22 bench trials in Sex Offense/Domestic Violence Section
- Associate, Wilmer Cutler Pickering (WilmerHale)
- Organized Crime and Drug Enforcement Task Force “Best Financial Investigation in the Nation” – 2012
- U.S. Attorney General “Outstanding Performance as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney” – 2010
- Assistant Attorney General “Outstanding Tax Division Attorney” – 2009
- Assistant Attorney General “Outstanding Tax Division Attorney” – 2008
- In re Animation Workers Antitrust Litig., 14-cv-4062 LHK (N.D. Cal.): Class-action antitrust case against major animation studios for conspiring to fix wages of their animators. The parties settled the case for $169M.
- In re Generic Pharmaceuticals Pricing Antitrust Litig. (E.D. Pa.): Class-action antitrust case against over two dozen generic pharmaceutical manufacturers for conspiring to fix the price of generic drugs.
- In re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litig., 12-cv-5129 YGR (N.D. Cal.): Class-action antitrust case against large battery producers for conspiring to fix prices. The parties settled the case for a total of $113 million.
- As a federal prosecutor, led or co-chaired 11 federal jury trials, and 22 bench trials
Although not a Washington state native, Mr. Patterson has quickly adopted Seattle as his hometown. In his spare time, he and his family enjoy the local wineries, lakes and hiking trails.