- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Prosecutes personal injury cases and class-action cases on behalf of consumers
- Currently represents victims against The Weinstein Company, Harvey Weinstein and related companies for racketeering and sexual assault
- Currently represents current and former students of the University of Southern California in a class-action lawsuit against the university and Dr. George Tyndall for his alleged decades-long sexual abuse of patients
- Continues to represent victims of domestic violence and sexual assault to obtain protection orders so that their abusers cannot have any contact with them
- Also represents crime victims who wish to keep their counseling records private during criminal proceedings
- Litigation associate, Williams Kastner, where she planned and executed a civil caseload involving defense of physicians, hospitals, dentists and other healthcare providers. While at Williams Kastner, Ms. Smith developed successful litigation strategies, handled case discoveries, secured depositions, managed trial preparation, drafted and argued legal motions, and conducted voir dire and jury trials
- Prior to working at Hagens Berman, Ms. Smith worked for 10 years at the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, working on cases in a diverse set of areas, including the sexual assault, violent crime, district court, domestic violence, felony filing and special drug units. During her 10 years as a prosecutor, Ms. Smith tried over 100 felony jury trials. She spent five years in the Domestic Violence Unit and Special Assault Unit where she handled hundreds of cases involving physical and sexual abuse of children and adults
- Consistent commitment to pro bono work and services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Volkswagen Emissions Defect Litigation
- Mercedes BlueTEC Emissions Litigation
- GM Ignition Switch Recall
- Corvette Overheating
- Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassment RICO
- USC and Dr. George Tyndall Sexual Abuse
Shelby Smith was born and raised in Seattle, and graduated from Garfield High School—which also boasts Quincy Jones and Jimi Hendrix as alums. She has a passion for live music and fashion, and has never met a sport she did not enjoy competing in: while raising her three children and practicing law, Shelby plays on competitive indoor and outdoor soccer teams, and runs at least one marathon and two half-marathons every year.