- Partner, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Practice currently focuses on multi-state and nationwide consumer litigation, including diesel emissions and automobile defect claims.
- Headed up litigation against Expedia on behalf of a nationwide class of consumers who purchased hotel reservations and paid excessive “taxes and fees” charges. That case resulted in summary judgment in plaintiffs’ favor and an eventual settlement for cash and credits totaling $134 million.
- Extensively involved in ERISA cases for breach of fiduciary duties, including cases leading to settlements of claims on behalf of employees of Enron, Washington Mutual Bank, General Motors, the Montana Power Company and Sterling Savings Bank.
- Worked extensively on hotel tax collection cases against the major online travel companies (OTCs). The firm achieved settlements on behalf of Brevard County, Florida, the village of Rosemont, Illinois, and Denver, Colorado.
- Extensively involved in the State Attorneys General tobacco litigation in the late 1990s.
- Legal Writing and Research, University of Oregon School of Law, Instructor
- Attorney, Legal Aid Society, New York City
- Mercedes Emissions ($763 million settlement)
- Expedia Litigation ($134 million settlement)
- Tobacco Litigation on behalf of States (resolved in $206 billion settlement)
- Enron ERISA Litigation ($265 million settlement)
- Washington Mutual Bank ERISA Litigation ($49 million settlement)
- General Motors ERISA Litigation ($37.5 million settlement)