Zoki is an accomplished legal writer, having written extensively for all of the judges of the Seventh Circuit during his three‑year term as a judicial staff clerk. He also wrote numerous winning briefs during his time as a trial attorney with the DOJ’s Antitrust Division.
CLICK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Associate, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Trial Attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, 2016-18
- Staff Law Clerk, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2013-16
During law school:
- Washington University Appellate Clinic, 2012-13
- Legal Practice Teaching Assistant for Prof. Ann Davis Shields, Washington University School of Law, 2012-13
- Summer Law Clerk, American Civil Liberties Union of Eastern Missouri, Summer 2012
- Consumer Unit Intern, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Spring 2012
- St. Louis City Trial Division Intern, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Summer 2011
- Reforming Richard Posner: The Former Federal Judge Needs to Overhaul His Assessment of the Seventh Circuit’s Staff Attorney Program and Correct the Errors in His Book (Oct. 2017), Summary
- Note, The Speaker the Court Forgot: Re-Evaluating NLRA Section 8(b)(4)(B)’s Secondary Boycott Restrictions in Light of Citizens United and Sorrell, 90 WASH. U. L. REV. 237 (2012)
- How to Write Well and Influence People (Madison, Wis. Aug. 2017): Presentation on legal writing to staff attorneys of Legal Action of Wisconsin’s Elder Rights Project.
- Procedural Issues in Pro Se Litigation: Dismissal of an Indigent Pro Se’s Complaint for Non-Payment of Fees (Chicago, Ill. Mar. 2016): Presentation to all pro se law clerks employed by federal district courts within the Seventh Circuit.
- Proficient in Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian.
Zoki enjoys photography and reading nonfiction. He recently began relearning to play the piano, an instrument he briefly studied in college.