- Partner, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Ms. Byszewski has litigated a number of complex class actions on behalf of consumers, employees and whistleblowers resulting in multimillion-dollar settlements, including cases against Toyota, Ford, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals, Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Costco, Apple and KB Homes.
- She also litigated a multi-state antitrust action against major dairy cooperatives for colluding in the premature slaughter of a half a million cows to drive up the price of milk, which the defendants described in their attempted petition for review to the United States Supreme Court as “one of the most expensive classes in history.”
- Currently, Ms. Byszewski focuses her practice on brief writing for a wide variety of firm cases, including:
- Auto defect cases;
- College refund cases seeking return of tuition paid for promised in-person and on campus education; and
- Antitrust cases, including collusion in the agriculture industry and Hotels Antitrust, a conspiracy to eliminate competition for online search ads using branded keywords.
- Drafted petition for en banc review in Hyundai & Kia Fuel Economy Litig., which was granted and resulted in affirmance of the nationwide class action settlement in 2019.
- Litigated Milk Antitrust from complaint filing to settlement of $52 million and received the American Antitrust Institute’s 2018 award for Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice
- Member of litigation team that settled Toyota Unintended Acceleration Litigation for $1.6 billion and was a finalist for Public Justice’s 2014 Trial Lawyer of the Year award
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Ms. Byszewski focused her practice on labor and employment litigation and counseling. During law school she worked in the trial division of the office of the Attorney General of Massachusetts.
- Dairy Cooperatives Antitrust Litigation
- Toyota Unintended Acceleration
- Ford Spark Plugs
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (Nexium) Litigation
- Merck (Vioxx) Litigation
- Berkeley Nutraceuticals (Enzyte) Litigation
- Solvay Pharmaceuticals (Estratest) Litigation
- Apple iPod Litigation
- Costco Wage and Hour Litigation
- "Valuing Companion Animals in Wrongful Death Cases: A Survey of Current Court and Legislative Action and A Suggestion for Valuing Loss of Companionship," Animal Law Review, 2003, Winner of the Animal Law Review's 5th Annual Student Writing Competition
- "What's in the Wine? A History of FDA's Role," Food and Drug Law Journal, 2002
- “ERISA and RICO: New Tools for HMO Litigators,” Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics, 2000
Ms. Byszewski enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband and their two sons, whether swimming, hiking or scootering around the neighborhood.