Worked extensively on consumer claims against Expedia resulting in the largest summary judgment award in Washington state history
Click for more information:
- Partner, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Practice focuses on consumer litigation, including automobile defect litigation against General Motors
- Worked on hotel tax collection cases against the major online travel companies (OTC). The firm achieved settlements on behalf of Brevard County, Florida, the village of Rosemont, Illinois and the city of Denver, Colorado.
- Extensively involved in ERISA cases for breach of fiduciary duties, including settlements of claims on behalf of employees of Enron, Washington Mutual Bank, General Motors, the Montana Power Company and Sterling Savings Bank
Worked on litigation against Expedia on behalf of a nationwide class of consumers who purchased hotel reservations and paid excessive “taxes and fees” charges. That case resulted in summary judgment in plaintiffs’ favor and an eventual settlement for cash and credits totaling $134 million.
- Worked on hotel tax collection cases against the major online travel companies (OTC). The firm has achieved settlements on behalf of Brevard County, Florida, the village of Rosemont, Illinois, and Denver, Colorado
- Extensively involved in the tobacco litigation in the late 1990s
- Legal Writing and Research, University of Oregon School of Law, Instructor
- Attorney, Legal Aid Society, New York City
- Expedia Litigation ($134 million settlement)
- Tobacco Litigation on behalf of States (resolved in $206 billion settlement)
- Enron ERISA Litigation ($265 million settlement)
- Washington Mutual Bank ERISA Litigation ($49 million settlement)
- General Motors ERISA Litigation ($37.5 million settlement)