- Of Counsel, Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
- Prior to joining Hagens Berman, Mr. Kelman practiced environmental law at Pawa Law Group where his clients included:
- The states of New Hampshire and Vermont in statewide MTBE groundwater contamination claims against major oil companies
- Trusts and an Alaskan native village in global warming claims
- Citizen groups including administrative litigation over air pollution permits, including a challenge to a major new power plant
- Mr. Kelman drafted papers submitted to state and federal appellate courts and helped other attorneys at Pawa Law Group try several cases to verdict.
- Mr. Kelman also worked at the Environmental Protection Agency, Region 1, Boston, MA as enforcement counsel. He negotiated consent decrees under which private parties performed cleanups and brought enforcement actions against regulated parties. He was employee of the year for the Superfund section of the regional office, and won a “ROD of the Year” EPA national award for papers documenting EPA’s clean-up decision for the Sudbury River in Massachusetts.
- Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton, Associate. In the wake of Argentina’s financial crisis of 2001, Mr. Kelman was part of a small group of lawyers defending the Republic of Argentina against claims by holders of Argentina’s sovereign debt.
Wes has worked on key early global warming cases and on behalf of state attorneys general who have sued for damage to statewide groundwater supplies, including a $236 million recovery against ExxonMobil for the state of New Hampshire.
Wes loves to ride his bicycle and commutes on it through all four seasons.